Visit our website
Find out more about us:
Send an enquiry
Call us now
Calor Gas Company Profile
Calor Gas was founded in 1935 and is the UK’s leading supplier of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) to the domestic, leisure and commercial industry sectors. Calor has unrivalled experience within the LPG sector and the team is passionate about the whole product range. With a long history of supplying energy to rural areas, ensuring thousands of homes and businesses have reliable access to the more environmentally friendly LPG, Calor is now working alongside low carbon and renewable energy manufactures to ensure that sustainable solutions are available to those in the more rural areas of the UK. Finally, Calor is working alongside the Woodland Trust, whose funding will see an extra 50,000 trees planted across the UK and has also been awarded the Carbon Trust Standard in recognition of the steps taken to reduce carbon emissions.
LPG is a highly effective, cleaner and reliable alternative to oil and electricity where mains gas is not available. Key features and benefits include:
- Lowest carbon emissions of any fossil fuel in non mains gas areas making it the perfect partner for low carbon and renewable technology
- A versatile fuel that can be used for heating, cooking, hot water, generating electricity, supplementing renewables, powering vehicles and providing for outdoor living.
- LPG, unlike Oil, will not pose any ground or water pollution hazards since leaks evaporate instantly
- LPG burns cleanly, with almost no soot and very low sulphur emissions
- Closest option to mains gas
- LPG tanks can be buried underground
- In catering environments, LPG offers a visible blue flame that is easily controlled and will not taint food
Why choose Calor as your preferred LPG supplier?
- Largest storage and supply capacity in the UK ensures a reliable supply is available - whatever time of year you need LPG.
- Leading infrastructure of vehicles, depots and engineers ensures delivery capabilities are second to none.
- Over 75 years experience assisting in the fuel supply process, from specification right through to installation and maintenance.
- CalorForce, the largest dedicated team of LPG engineers, available nationwide and will carry out installation, repair and servicing of all LPG systems
- Key relationships with leading partners ensure Calor has a single solution, whatever your circumstances.
- Calor LPG Think Tank® telemetry can be fitted which automatically orders gas when running low
- MCS Registered means Calor engineers are uniquely placed to install and sign off LPG fuelled CHP technology
And what exactly is LPG?
LPG is available in two options – Propane and Butane. Propane is available in bulk storage pressure vessels which can be located above ground or underground or alternatively supplied in gas cylinders. Butane is only available in cylinders.
Propane is generally used for domestic and commercial heating, cooking and numerous commercial and industrial applications. It is stored at a higher pressure than butane and has a lower boiling point, making it suitable for outside storage. Propane generally is supplied in bulk tanks or red cylinders, but can also be found in the green ‘Alfresco’ cylinders too.
Butane has a boiling point of around 0 degrees centigrade and will not work in temperatures lower than this. Butane is commonly found in blue cylinders and is widely used for mobile heaters and exterior leisure applications in the warmer months.