Visit our website
Find out more about us:
Send an enquiry
Call us now
CK Direct Company Profile
CK Direct Limited is a long-established specialist supplier and installer of commercial kitchen extraction systems and other fabricated products. Based in Peterborough, the company supplies high quality kitchen ventilation systems to the catering industry throughout the UK, ensuring safe and healthy working conditions for kitchen staff.
The company has built up a reputation for first class service among customers ranging from independent restaurants through to high street food chains and public sector clients such as care homes, schools and colleges.
Using the latest design and manufacturing equipment, CK Direct is able to offer a bespoke service ensuring its products and services meet the needs of all sizes and shapes of commercial kitchen, at a competitive price with fast turnaround times. Experts can guide clients through the complexities of planning the efficient extraction of greasy, stale air and ensuring a flow of fresh air. All equipment meets the latest requirements and best practice outlined by regulatory bodies such as The British Standard and the Health and Safety Executive.
CK Direct’s systems are available as supply-only or there is a nationwide installation service using reliable and knowledgeable teams.
Extract hoods and systems
Everything from a single extract hood to an entire commercial kitchen extract system can be found in CK Direct’s selection. All canopies are made with 304/430 Grade stainless steel and are fully compliant with DW172. Products include stainless steel baffle filters, grease collection drawers, roll formed safety edges and fully welded corners.
- Extract-only hoods. Available in standard sizes of 1000mm, 1200mm, 1500mm deep, or CK Direct will fabricate bespoke sizes.
- Extract and air input hoods. To help purify the air in the kitchen, these hoods pump cool air in as well as extract airborne grease, smoke and odours. Available in 1000mm, 1200mm, 1500mm deep or bespoke sizes, all suitable for electrical & standard gas appliances.
- Island canopies. For increasingly-popular island cooking areas, these aesthetically pleasing canopies or hoods have outstanding extraction abilities. Some models even cleanse and recirculate the air back into the kitchen. Available in a wide choice of sizes to suit all kinds of standard equipment including six-burner cookers and combination ovens with steamer on one side or both sides . All sizes include recessed lights and make up air plenums.
- Condense hoods. for particularly steamy areas such as near dishwashers, these hoods with fully motorised extraction can be fabricated to any size.
- Integrated fan system. Perfect for small kitchens or ones using only electric appliances, these space-saving canopies have an internal fan.
- External fan system hoods are available in a huge choice of widths, depths and heights.
- Air input systems are available to replace extracted air with fresh air.
- Build your own. Every commercial kitchen is different, so CK Direct offers hoods with extraction exits to left or right, via a wall, roof, or lower level. This bespoke service means all requirements can be met while keeping the kitchen area easy to work in.
Odour and noise control
CK Direct offers various systems to tackle noise and noxious odours. The company supplies, installs and maintains circular or square attenuators to meet all air movement applications and is happy to discuss specific requirements.
Service distribution units
CK Direct supplies pre-assembled service distribution units, affording a cost effective way of connecting services to commercial cooking applications. Components are made of 304/430 grade stainless steel and have features including fully removable panels and dedicated service risers with hinged doors.
To ensure the safety of staff, gas interlocks prevent gas being turned on until the kitchen ventilation system is operating correctly. CK Direct’s choices are:
- Merlin 2000 GD kit digital gas pressure proving panel which incorporates the ventilation interlock, by using either a current monitor or air pressure differential switches.
- Merlin CT 1250 kit - Includes control panel, two built-in current monitors, one remote emergency shut-off button and a 1" gas solenoid valve.
- Merlin CT 1200 kit - Includes control panel, two air pressure differential switches, one remote emergency shut-off button and a 3/4" or 1" gas solenoid valve.
Other products supplied by CK Direct include:
- Lighting - Recessed lighting for cooking hoods and heat resistant bulkhead lights
- Wall Cladding - Impact resistant, hygienic PVC and stainless steel sheets in a choice of sizes, thicknesses and colours.
- Stainless steel baffle filters - Easy to clean alternative to mesh filters, in standard or made to measure sizes.
Stainless steel benches and fabrication
The best cooking can be cancelled out by an ill-designed kitchen. CK Direct offers long-lasting, easy-to-use benches, sinks, cupboards and shelving in high quality stainless steel to make it easy to build in efficiency and smooth operations. If required, equipment can be made to bespoke sizes.
Workbenches. A choice of wall benches and centre benches in a variety of sizes, plus accessories such as removable undershelves, extra legs and tie bars.
Sinks. High quality sinks can be made to any size, in styles including: single bowl double drainer units, double bowl single drainer units, double bowl double drainer with valance, hand basins and bowls.
Dishwasher tabling. All necessary tabling for dishwashers, including shelves, bowls, legs, runners, and splash guards.
Storage cupboards. A range of wall cupboards and base cupboards in different sizes, plus lockable COSHH cupboards.
Hot cupboards. Various sizes and styles including roll under, plain top and hot cupboards with bain marie.
Gantries - Other stainless steel products include heated or ambient gantries; stylishly designed solid or perforated racks and shelves; bar systems including drainer top shelf units with racks or shelves, ice chests and bins.
CK Direct takes pride in delivering an efficient, high quality, bespoke service to a wide array of clients across many sectors and its customer-focused solutions have earned the company many plaudits.
To find out more about advanced technology solutions for the commercial kitchen, offered by CK Direct, please visit the website or click on the buttons above to send an enquiry