Visit our website
Find out more about us:
Send an enquiry
Call us now
KAT UK Company Profile
KAT UK is a family-owned business providing a fully bespoke design and manufacturing service to the door and window industry in the UK and Ireland. With 14 years experience as specialists in aluminium and uPVC fabrication, the company has built a reputation for reliability both in the quality of its products and in adhering to delivery schedules. Handmade timber products have now been added to the company’s portfolio, which started with patio doors and soon expanded to sash windows and now bi-fold doors.
The company takes pride in being able to manufacture high specification products suitable for the most demanding clients. KAT has achieved the Quality Standard Certification ISO 9001 across all three divisions of the company and products hold British Board of Agrément certificates.
Knowledgeable staff are able to help with drawings and specifications. A high level of customer service means that orders are completed in full and on time. KAT’s own transport team ensures safe delivery of products from the factories in Cheshire to trade customers across the UK and Ireland.
Folding sliding doors are increasing in popularity. KAT manufactures high quality bi-fold doors in aluminium, uPVC and timber to suit all budgets. With 23 different configurations and a wide choice of colours and finishes, KAT can provide bi-fold doors ideal for projects at modern and older properties.
Aluminium Bi-fold Doors
KAT 9000 aluminium folding sliding doors are extremely high performing, having been severe weather tested to BS6375/ 1:2009 and using a polyamide bridge within the thermally broken aluminium section to reduce heat loss. They are supplied unglazed to take 28mm double glazing or can be specified at 32mm to take triple glazing.
The system features slim sight lines thanks to having no floating mullion and unique flush-fitting handles for a stylish smooth look. Aluminium folding sliding doors are available in scores of polyester powder coated RAL colours and special finishes including wood grain effect, metallic paint and dual colours. All paint finishes carry a 25 year guarantee.
Security is provided by Winkhaus multi-point stainless steel locking mechanisms with shoot bolts. The doors have internal beading with square and chamfered options.
KAT’s strong aluminium bi-fold doors offer numerous configurations and have the option of folding back internally or externally. A low threshold can be specified.
uPVC Bi-fold Doors
KAT’s uPVC inline bi-fold doors feature a host of benefits making them easthetically pleasing and high performing. Using precision engineered components, openings can be up to six metres wide featuring up to seven door panels. The doors require no dummy mullion so have uncluttered sight lines and the unobtrusive D-handle fits flat to the door frame. Unsightly gaskets are concealed by a patented trim.
The system uses an enclosed four-rail aluminium roller track. The top rollers feature integral anti-jemmy pins for optimum security. All sashes are steel reinforced for added strength. Top and bottom shoot bolts are simply operated.
The doors are severe weather tested to BS6375-1:2009 and have a U value of 1.4 for standard glass, with 0.87 possible.
Standard colours include white, cream, oak, rosewood, grey or black on white and white ash, with RAL colours and foils available to order. Style options include inward or outward opening, low thresholds for internal use and midrails for front entrances.
Timber Bi-fold Doors
KAT uses engineered timber for its bespoke timber bi-fold doors for superior stability and strength. They are available in a variety of hardwoods and the company has the flexibility to manufacture folding sliding doors in timbers to match existing windows or doors. They are available in 3, 4 or 5 panel options in a range of configurations for outward folding. Wheels and rollers are stainless steel and cills timber or aluminium.
Doors can be supplied spray painted, stained or untreated. Paint finishes are guaranteed for 10 years and stains for five.
Sliding Patio Doors
KAT’s patio doors are renowned for quality and reliability. They are available in durable aluminium or maintenance-free uPVC. KAT’s confidence in its consistent high quality is illustrated by the 10-year guarantee.
Aluminium Patio Doors: Beaufort Notus aluminium patio doors have elegant slim profiles and are available with 2, 3, 4 or 6 panels. Special gearing and rollers enable easy opening of even large sashes. For very large openings, there is the option of a triple track aluminium system, allowing multiple sashes to slide in one direction. Doors feature multi-point locks and are internally glazed sashes for enhanced security. The strong aluminium profiles are available in six standard colours and over 100 others to order.
UPVC Patio Doors:
- Elegance: The ultimate uPVC range, offering BBA approval and the option of Secured by Design accreditation. Featuring Yale anti-drill locks and anti-lift hooks for confidence. The steel reinforced frame is available in nine standard colours and many other finishes to order. Thresholds have anti-slip inserts as standard and can be specified as a room divider option.
- Classic: Using a Spectus profile, the Classic range has a stainless steel anti-lift bracket and draught stop plug, a keep plate fixed through the profile into the steel reinforcing and a stainless steel track and rollers. Available in five standard colours with options of foil finishes or RAL sprayed bonded colours.
- Euroclassic: This is a good quality trade range available in five colours. Euroclassic features a six-hook bi-directional lock and the chamfered sashes are steel reinforced.
KAT supplies custom made sash windows in uPVC or timber. Products are fully bespoke with a choice of style, frame shape, hardware and glazing to suit the property. Precision manufacturing and efficient seals result in excellent draughtproofing and smooth operation of the windows. KAT’s uPVC windows come with a 10-year guarantee. There is a choice of:
- Elegance: The premium vertical sliding sash window, ideal for period buildings and with options including surface-mounted Georgian bars, decorative horns and traditional timber style "hook and claw" catches. Extra security features can be specified to meet Secured by Design accreditation. Finishes include plain white uPVC, white woodgrain effect foil, cream woodgrain and golden oak, with other choices to order and cam catches in four finishes.
- Universal: This high performing range offers bespoke designed windows for any application. There is an optional tilt-open facility to both sashes for ease of cleaning. The sash windows are double glazed with 24mm low "E" glass for excellent thermal efficiency and can be supplied in options to meet "A" & "B" ratings. Georgian bars in two sizes can be surface mounted or glazed in.
- Fire escape sash windows: Side hinged to meet building regulations Part B & part E.
Timber box sliding sash windows
KAT’s experienced joiners hand make bespoke hardwood sash windows with a box spring. Lead weights are available as an option. The elegant windows can be supplied untreated or in a range of stains and paint finishes guaranteed up to 10 years. Decorative horns and Georgian bars can be specified and there is a tilt option for easy cleaning.
Aluminium Casement Windows
BBA accredited aluminium casement windows are available in a range of styles including top hung, side- and bottom-hung sashes. All offer slim sight lines and top security. KAT makes aluminium windows in 58mm or 60mm profiles. The 58mm profile is ideal for replacing outdated steel Crittall windows with thermally efficient and secure aluminium casement windows.
KAT UK is proud of the quality of its products and trade customers are welcome to visit the manufacturing workshops to see the company’s high-precision fabrication techniques. Detailed specifications are available on the website and KAT’s knowledgeable staff are happy to give advice.