Visit our website
Find out more about us:
Send an enquiry
Call us now
Premdor Company Profile
Premdor is based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire is one of the UK’s largest joinery manufacturers and suppliers specialising in interior and exterior doors, folding and French doors, SoundSecure and SpeedSet Plus doorsets, timber windows and cubicles. The company is part of Masonite, a globally renowned joinery manufacturer operating from over fifty plants and serving customers in more than seventy countries worldwide.
Premdor is backed-up by a company with over eighty years of industry experience and is focused on cutting-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service.
The Premdor manufacturing facility has gained an ISO 9001:2000 accreditations in Quality Management and an Environmental Standard BS EN ISO 14001. The company has a customer service centre which is operated by a dedicated and experienced team who are trained to deal with the complete door administration process from the initial enquiry through to delivery. For the general public, Premdor can provide information on local distributers of the product range across the UK.
Premdor offers a variety of guarantees ranging from one to thirty years across the product range. The guarantees are subject to the products being treated in accordance with Premdor’s instructions for storage, handling, installation, maintenance and use.
The Premdor interior doors collection offers an extensive choice of designs to suit all tastes, budgets and property styles. The door ranges can incorporate various panel options including solid, part glazed, fully glazed and fire rated variations on some models. The Interior Option Plus option enables doors to be factory fitted with a range of extras including intumescent seals, matching hinges and latches, non-standard sizes, factory glazing and white factory paint finishing. Products include:
- Moulded Panel and Moulded Glazed Doors: A comprehensive selection of door styles in sleek contemporary styles through to more traditional glazed doors with bevelled safety glass panels. Design options include one panel smooth, vertical 5-panel moulded, 4-panel textured, glazed Manhattan doors
- Oak and Pine Doors: Traditional and contemporary solid timber Shaker Oak, Somerset Oak, Wessex Natural Oak and Clear Pine premium doors in solid and glazed options which are ready for paint or stain finishing
- Veneer and Foil Doors: A large collection of Innova, Flush Veneer Plus, White Oak Veneer Inlay, Flush Veneer, Flush Foil and Flush Glazed doors which offer a smooth and sleek finish for domestic and commercial applications. Glazed fire doors are available with a FD30 or FD60 rating and are compliant with Part M mobility requirements
- HD Oak: A high specification door which is extremely durable and features a laminate face. The textured effect doors are realistic, warm and pleasant to touch and incorporate a solid core with a concealed lipped four edge finish which is three times more resistant to scratches and scrapes than standard foil doors. An FD 30 fire door option is also available
- Flush Foil Plus Doors: Suitable for modern new build and aspirational up-grades, the foil flush door range provides an authentic natural grain appearance and excellent durability. The foil doors are available in Oak and Walnut options, are Part M, Part E and Part B compliant and are available as an FD30 option
- Pair Makers: Pair Makers allows for the creation of a door pair on any 35mm thick internal door in Oak and white primed versions
Premdor offers a wide range of exterior door solutions for a wide range of domestic applications. The doors are manufactured using a range of hardwoods, softwoods and more rustic matchboarded timbers and are Part L compliant. The doors are available in many contemporary and traditional styles with or without glazing. The range includes:
- Traditional hardwood feature doors
- Part L Oak four panel, six panel and cottage doors
- Softwood glazed panel doors including double doors
- Matchboarded and garage doors in basic and traditional styles
- Flush and glazed fire doors which are Part M, L and E compliant in 30 and 60 fire rated options
- Redwood honey stained timber door frames
Folding doors provide a wide open, uninterrupted space in a property, which enables the outside to become part of the building. When fully opened, the folding doors introduce a feeling of space and light, making a room feel much larger. The doors come in a range of four width options ranging from 1800mm to 3000mm with up to five panels and are fully factory glazed with Low E double glazed units and incorporate the very latest 5-point locking systems. The doors are available in Oak, hardwood and softwood options.
French doors are a popular and attractive alternative to the more traditional sliding patio doors and open up to create a wide open space. The doors are available in a range of sizes and are fitted with 24mm Low E double glazed units. The French doors are manufactured in Oak, softwood or hardwood options and the Oak door is now available in a Secured By Design specification.
SoundSecure Doorsets are designed to satisfy the complex performance demands of apartment entrance locations. There are various design options available within the range which are attractive, durable, fire rated and offer excellent noise reduction properties. The Building Regulation compliant doors feature:
- Fireshield FD30 performance with fitted intumescent smoke seal
- Multi-point locking system
- Fire Escape (thumb turn) key cylinder
- Sound reducing door core
- Thermally resistant door assembly
- Four door width options available
- Secured by Design approved
- Moulded panel and flush door styles available
- Manufactured in the UK
SpeedSet Plus is an intelligent, pre-fabricated doorset solution designed for volume new-build projects that significantly reduce door installation times and improve finished quality. SpeedSet Plus is an adjustable doorset that enables easy modification for wall thickness variations. The SpeedSet Plus doors are delivered on-site as a complete pre-assembled unit, pre-hung and with factory-fitted door latches or locks.
Timber windows are becoming an increasingly popular and an alternative choice for both new-build and restoration projects. The extensive ranges of window designs are manufactured to the highest specifications using quality materials and skilled craftsmanship. The Secured by Design specification and environmentally friendly credentials give the windows and frames a more traditional look with modern features, functionality and comfort. All the windows are fabricated from FSC approved sustainable timber and are available in ‘C’ energy rated glazing as standard, with upgrades to ‘A’ rated glazing if required. Window options available include:
- Vertical sliding sash
- Casement and vent
- Horizontal bar
- London and London bar
- Direct glazed
- Top hung
- Conservation flush casement
- Bay windows
Hills Cubicles and Washroom Systems
Hills cubicles offer a wide range of one-stop-shop options to suit all types of washroom facilities. The made-to-measure cubicles are available in a huge array of styles and additional features include vanity units, pelmets, ducting and lockers. The Mix-N-Fix range is an off-the-shelf collection of panels, doors, partitions, posts, fascias and vanity unit tops which enables the design to be tailored and adapted to exact specification.
Premdor prides itself on offering a comprehensive range of door and window solutions for a wide range of applications. The stunning range of products has been developed to look good and provide many years of service. The friendly and experienced team at Premdor welcomes enquiries and can provide in-depth advice and information on specifying the most appropriate solution for any new-build or refurbishment project. The Premdor product range is available through a national network of distributors who can offer local availability and support. Premdor is a member of Trada, the British Woodworking Federation and Secured by Design.
Premdor Releases Stunning A5 Guide to Inspire Developers: Joinery manufacturer Premdor has released an inspiring 52-page brochure with Development Teams in mind.
Showcasing the entire Premdor interior door range in A5 format, this ‘coffee table’ style brochure is a must-have for anyone sourcing interior doors. With minimal wording, the book features a selection of lifestyle shots, displaying Premdor doors in-situ.
To request a hard-copy brochure or a digital download, please contact Premdor Marketing Services on 0844 209 0008 or alternatively, email at firstname.lastname@example.org