Visit our website
Find out more about us:
Send an enquiry
Call us now
Silva Timber Products Company Profile
Silva Timber Products was founded in 2000, and has established itself as leading supplier of speciality timber products, wood finishes and fixings. The vast product range includes decking, cladding, shingles, shakes, fencing, trellis and wood care products. The company operates a UK wide internet ordering service from its base in Widnes, Cheshire and a has a showroom within Wyvale Garden Centre in Hillingdon, Middlesex.
Silva supplies to a wide range of clients ranging from landscapers, building contractors, gardeners and designers to DIY enthusiasts and self builders. Combining traditional values with excellent customer service, Silva can offer the customer a positive experience from the initial order through to delivery. Every product is carefully selected and the company takes pride in sourcing the highest quality timber, carrying out rigorous testing, high stock levels and a flexible approach.
The vast product range allows customers to create virtually any garden project, large or small, contemporary or traditional. Silva cares about the environment and ensures all products are sourced from renewable sources where good forestry practices are adopted.
The product range includes:
Cedar Shingles and Shakes
Cedar shingles and shakes have been used for many years for roofing and cladding applications. They are known and proven to offer durability in all climates, have superior insulation properties, dimensional stability and a natural resistance to the elements. The Cedar shingles and shakes contain a natural preservative, but can be supplied pressure treated with preservative for enhanced durability or fire retardant treated. Cedar shingles have a unique flexibility, allowing them to be used for complex contours within designs. Products include:
- Western Red Cedar Shingles: Stave Lake Brand sidewall shingles, No4 Grade (Green Label), No3 Grade (Black Label), No2 Grade (Red Label), Blue Label shingles, No1 Grade (Blue Label), Preformed hip and ridge cladding, No1 Grade (Blue Label) treated shingles and fire retardant No1 Grade (Blue Label) shingles.
- Western Red Cedar Shakes: Premium Grade Tapersawn shakes, Premium Grade Heavy Handsplit shakes, Pre-formed split Hip and Ridge shake capping and Pre-formed Tapersawn Hip and Ridge shake capping.
- Eastern White Cedar Shingles: Rustic Grade C, Select Grade B, Premium Grade A Extra and Pre-finished in Rustic Grade, Select Grade, Solid Colour and Premium Grade.
The decking range is suitable for both commercial and domestic projects regardless of size. Silva has extensive experience of deck construction projects including major commercial projects, public buildings, luxury developments, hotels, holiday homes, marinas and award winning gardens. The full range of products incorporates all the components, accessories and materials required to construct a deck system. The range includes:
- Western Red Cedar decking, railings, posts and caps
- Southern Yellow Pine decking and components
- Hardwood decking
- Deck kits
- Deckorators coated aluminium railing
- Deck joists and footings
Cladding and Trim
Silva Timber supplies a large range of timber cladding which is sourced from the world's leading timber processing companies. The majority of cladding is FSC certified and has been specifically selected to ensure it meets the highest standards of quality, at the best prices. Wood cladding is specified for modern and traditional cladding projects on domestic and commercial properties. Timber cladding is easy and fast to install and lightweight. The thermal conductivity of wood cladding is 12 times lower than concrete and 400 times lower than steel, generating fantastic energy savings, whilst benefiting the environment and if used in conjunction with lightweight roofing products such as shingles and shakes can save between 20-40% on building costs. The versatility of timber cladding makes it suitable for any scale of building and can be installed vertically, horizontally or diagonally. The cladding and trim range includes:
- THOR Torrefied wood
- Western Red Cedar cladding - Clear Grade and STK
- Siberian Larch cladding
- Treated Pine cladding
Fencing and Trellis
Fencing and trellis is widely used in gardens and green areas to create secure and private areas. Silva supplies the following ranges:
- Southern Yellow Pine fencing - No1 Grade heavy duty fence boards in 180 lengths 25 x 140mm to fence 46 sq metres.
- Western Red Cedar Fencing - 19 x 38mm battens and 19 x 143mm fence boards.
- Western Red Cedar Trellis - Diagonal and square standard panels and diagonal and square privacy panels.
The trade packs are brand new, unopened packs of timber that are delivered directly into the warehouse. Sold unopened and unchecked, the trade packs have received minimal handling, allowing Silva to save on costs, which are passed directly to the customer. Products include:
- Hardwood decking
- Siberian Larch cladding
- Southern Yellow Pine
- Treated Pine cladding
- Western Red Cedar cladding (clear grade and STK)
- Western Red Cedar decking (clear grade and STK)
Wood Care Products
Silva Timber provides a wide range of professional wood care products that will preserve the beauty, integrity and longevity of any external timber products. The extensive range is sourced from many leading brand names including Cabot, Cutek and Owatrol. Products include:
- Cladding cleaning and maintenance kits
- Deck cleaning and maintenance kits
- Wood finishing and cleaning products
Silva Timber also stocks a range of deck lighting, books, screws, nails and connectors.
Silva Timber Products prides itself on offering a comprehensive range of high quality, professional products for a wide range of applications. In recent years the company has extended the product range to meet with the ever changing requirements of the client, sourcing the most up-to-date products. Silva Timber Products offer an easy ordering process and reliable delivery schedules. The friendly customer service team is available for information and advice across the whole product range.
We supply to a variety of customers, from some of the UK's leading architects and construction companies to landscape design companies, Self Builders and DIYers and are happy to assist with any size project, traditional or contemporary, big or small. Check out our Case Study section to find out what some of our customers have to say about working with us.
In order to retain our customers on a long term basis we:-
- source the very best quality timber
- perform rigorous quality checks before your delivery leaves our warehouse
- maintain large stocks ready for immediate delivery
- ensure our staff have access to the latest product information
- retain a flexible approach - we'll go out of our way to meet your deadlines
For more information please visit the website or use the buttons above to send an enquiry or request a quote.