Where to buy taps
- Fitmykitchen - Moulton Chantry House, Southfields, Old Leake, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE22 9LP, 01205 871 987
- plumbware.co.uk - 33 Caldervale Business Park, Huddersfield Road, Ravensthorpe, West Yorkshire, WF13 3JL, 0845 170 1240
- Livinghouse - Unit 3, Ashfield Trading Estate, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 7HL, 01722 415000
- Victoria Plumb - Sutton Fields Industrial Estate, Amsterdam Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU7 OXF, 0844 804 4848
- Sanctuary Bathrooms - Units 6 & 7 Evans Business Centre, Albion Park, Albion Way, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 2EP, 0113 244 4400
- AQVA Bathrooms - 252 Melton Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 7PG, 0116 251 6487
- Wetrooms Online - 4 Prenton Road West, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, CH42 9PN, 0151 608 8011
- Bristan - Birch Coppice Business Park, Dordon, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 1SG, 0844 701 6271
- Leisure Sinks - Meadow Lane, Long Eaton, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG10 2GD, 01159 464000
- Splashdirect - Unit 1 Little Mundells, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1EW, 01707 328459
- UK Spares - Unit 1155 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4TF, 01454 620500
- Architectural Components Ltd - Unit 2, 25 Effie Road, London, Greater London, SW6 1EL, 020 7751 3397
Hi, I am helping to restore a WW1 aerodrome (Stow Maries) and have restored a cold water tap - we think original - circa 1916; there is a logo of a swan on one of the nut flats.
Do you have or know who I can contact about the company that produced the solid brass tap?
Also are there any construction companies who might help in the restoration of our WW1 aerodrome?
Thank you for your time.
There are a couple of companies and places I would direct you to in the first instance.
Regarding the tap; Masco Walcot and Mongers Architectural are two companies who have significant expericence in reclaimed products including taps.
They may know the manufacturer of the tap you have. You can access their websites by visiting our Reclaimed Taps page:
Also regarding help with the restoration of your WWI aerodrome - have a look at the companies on our Historic Buildings Restoration Companies page:
I hope this provides a good starting point for you.
Angela Gallacher - The Construction Centre.