Types and Uses of Glass Partitions
Work environments have been transformed with the advent of glass partitions. No longer is the choice just between a vast open plan area – with its noise problems and lack of privacy – or dark and dreary individual offices.
Glass walls and glass doors allow natural light to flood through, giving a spacious feel while cutting noise levels and maintaining privacy. Large areas can be divided into comfortable work spaces that can be adjusted in size as needs change. By choosing double glazed partitions, high levels of sound insulation can be achieved. Blinds can also be incorporated within the glazing.
Advances in technology mean that glass can now be curved and glass partitions offer a wide choice of aesthetically pleasing design options.
Featured company – OBG Ltd
With many years’ experience, OBG is the preferred supplier of frameless glass partitions to many leading fit-out companies and design houses. The independent company works on projects nationwide, installing framework channels and glazing the partitions. All installers are highly experienced.
OBG’s glass partition systems can be customised to suit many requirements. The glazing can be made to any size and incorporate curves and lighting. Single or double glazing is available, with integral blinds an option in double glazed units. Powder coating for areas such as deflection heads, reducer posts and integrated door frames is offered in a choice of colours and a range of furniture can be specified. The aim is always to meet a customer’s individual requirements with a cost effective high quality solution.
The company’s double glazed toughened and laminated glass partitions can achieve acoustic performance up to 45Db. ‘Ghost posts’ give extra structural support while enabling silicone-free dry glazing for endless design opportunities. The single glazed partitions have an industry-leading channel profile of just 25mm square for the ultimate in minimalism.
OBG’s staff are committed to the highest level of customer service. To see examples of completed partitioning projects, visit the website.
Where to buy glass partitions
- VisionZone - Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1QY, 07825279301
- Glazing Innovations Ltd - 6 Barnes Close, Brandon, Suffolk, IP27 0NY, 01842 816080
- Infinity Glass - 11 Castle Farm, Cholmondeley, Cheshire, SY14 8AQ, 01829 772 445
- Planet Partitioning - York Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9AD, 01444 247933
- Komfort - Ashurst, Broadlands Business Campus, Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 4QP, 01403 390300
- Express Bi-folding Doors Ltd - Phoenix Court, Lotherton Way, Garforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 2GY, 0113 286 9191
- Becker (Sliding Partitions) Ltd - Wemco House, 477 Whippendell Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 7QY, 01923 236906
- RAP Interiors - Unit 6, Orchard Industrial Estate, Christen Way, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9YE, 01622 663 232
- ASD Architectural - 901 Herries Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S6 1QH, 0114 2345288
- DoorTechnik - Moor Lane, Thorpe-on-the-Hill, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 9BW, 01522 693522
- Rodley Interiors - Interiors House, Kerry Street, Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS18 4AW, 0113 281 9595
- Duvale plc - Winterpick Business Park, Hurstpierpoint Road, Wineham, Henfield, West Sussex, BN5 9BJ, 0870 872 0873