Where to buy roof flashings
- ICB ( International Construction Bureau) Ltd - Unit 1, Dominion Centre, Elliott Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8JR, 01202 579208
- Ash & Lacy Building Systems Ltd - Bromford Lane, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 7JJ, 0121 525 1444
- National Roofing - Imperial Buildings, Bridge Street, West End, Abercarn, Monmouthshire, NP11 4SB, 0800 7834890
- Euroclad Ireland - Unit 4, Newhall Industrial Estate, Nass, County Kildare, +353 (0) 45 435 570
- Euro Clad Ltd - Wentloog Corporate Park, Wentloog Road, Cardiff, CF3 2ER, 02920 790722
- Associated Lead Mills Ltd - Unit B, Bingley Road, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, EN11 0NX, 01992 444100
- Versasteel - Brindley Heath Works, 41 Cobden Street, Pendleton, Salford, Greater Manchester, M6 6WF, 0161 736 2297
- Wemico - Matthew Lane, Hoo Farm Industrial Estate, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7RA, 01562 820 123
- Kingspan Insulated Panels - Greenfield Business Park, No 2, Holywell, Flintshire, CH8 7GJ, 01352 716100
- Metrotile UK Ltd - Unit 3, Sheldon Business Park, Sheldon Corner, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 0RQ, 01249 658514
- Fakro (GB) Ltd - Fakro House, Astron Business Park, Hearthcote Road, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 9DW, 0845 021 3030
- Lindab Ltd - Building Products Division, Shenstone Trading Estate, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 3XB, 0121 585 2780
Please can you advise on the pros and cons of using aluminium (versus lead) for for step flashings, soakers and valley gutter linings?
Lead is the traditional material for flashing and if you have a building that is historically interesting or Listed I would strongly advise you to consult with your Local Authority's Conservation Officer before considering any alternative. That said, Aluminium can provide a cost effective solution for the applications you describe.
Aluminium will not unduly stain or corrode the roof, neither does it pose a health risk during installation or by water contamination ( something worth considering, particularly if you are wanting to harvest the water run-off).
Glidevale featured above offers a very versatile product, 'Aluflash Lightweight Flashing' which may be of interest to you. They also have a useful guide to the pros and cons of this type of flashing. They can be contacted for more information on 0161 905 5700.
Debbie Prince - The Construction Centre