- National Roofing
National Roofing supplies EPDM roofing systems nationally to both the trade & DIY sectors. EPDM, which has been used extensively for covering flat roofs in the USA & Europe, has been around a long time. However with it's extreme flexibility & durability it is an ideal covering for all kinds of roofs not just flat or small roofs but pitched & very large roofs from the arctic to sweltering Dubai.
Where to buy roof flashings
- Euroclad Ireland - Unit 4, Newhall Industrial Estate, Nass, County Kildare, +353 (0) 45 435 570
- Associated Lead Mills Ltd - Unit B, Bingley Road, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, EN11 0NX, 01992 444100
- Euro Clad Ltd - Wentloog Corporate Park, Wentloog Road, Cardiff, CF3 2ER, 02922 010101
- Ash & Lacy Building Systems Ltd - Bromford Lane, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 7JJ, 0121 525 1444
- Fakro (GB) Ltd - Fakro House, Astron Business Park, Hearthcote Road, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 9DW, 0845 021 3030
- Architectural Profiles Ltd - Cockayne House, 126-128 Crockhamwell Road, Woodley, Reading, Berkshire, RG5 3JH, 0118 927 2424
- Metrotile UK Ltd - Unit 3, Sheldon Business Park, Sheldon Corner, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 0RQ, 01249 658514
- Joris Ide Ltd - A9 Elmbridge Court, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL3 1JZ, 01452 412 069
- Booth Muirie - Calder House, South Caldeen Road, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, ML5 4EG, 01236 70 23 73
- Fluestore.com - Rear 123, Redbank Road, Bispham, Lancashire, FY2 9HZ, 0845 6434 875
- Newell Roofing Products - Rossknoll House, Orion Park, Ealing, Greater London, W13 9SJ, 0208 840 8382
Please can you advise on the pros and cons of using aluminium (versus lead) for for step flashings, soakers and valley gutter linings?
Lead is the traditional material for flashing and if you have a building that is historically interesting or Listed I would strongly advise you to consult with your Local Authority's Conservation Officer before considering any alternative. That said, Aluminium can provide a cost effective solution for the applications you describe.
Aluminium will not unduly stain or corrode the roof, neither does it pose a health risk during installation or by water contamination ( something worth considering, particularly if you are wanting to harvest the water run-off).
Glidevale featured above offers a very versatile product, 'Aluflash Lightweight Flashing' which may be of interest to you. They also have a useful guide to the pros and cons of this type of flashing. They can be contacted for more information on 0161 905 5700.
Debbie Prince - The Construction Centre