Where to buy external wall cladding systems
- ROCKWOOL BV / ROCKPANEL group - Wern Tarw, Pencoed, Bridgend, CF35 6NY, 01656 863210
- VMZINC UK - Four Rivers House, Fentiman Walk, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1DB, 01992 822288
- Steni UK - Unit 1-4, Vauxhall Industrial Estate, Ruabon, Wrexham, LL14 6HA, 01978 812111
- Euro Clad Ltd - Wentloog Corporate Park, Wentloog Road, Cardiff, CF3 2ER, 02920 790722
- Aquarian Cladding Systems Ltd - Eversea Business Centre, 13 Gardens Road, Clevedon, Somerset, BS21 7QQ, 0844 334 0077
- Tegral Building Products Ltd - Kilkenny Road, Athy, County Kildare, Ireland, 00 353 (0)59 8631316
- Sorba UK Ltd - Office F15, Dugard House, Peartree Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 0UL, 01206 766 320
- Plastivan UK - Unit 4 Bonville Industrial Estate, Bonville Road, Brislington, Bristol, Avon, BS4 5QU, 0117 300 5625
- Ash & Lacy Building Systems Ltd - Bromford Lane, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 7JJ, 0121 525 1444
- Berry Systems Ltd - Springvale Business & Industrial Park, Bilston, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV14 0QL, 01902 491100
- MSP (Scotland) Ltd - 1/9 Telford Road, East Lenziemill Ind. Estate, Cumbernauld, Lanarkshire, G67 2AX, 01236 729591
- Renson Fabrications Ltd - Fairfax Units 1-2-3, Bircholt Road Park Wood, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9SF, 01622 754123
I work for an RSL and we have several properties that are of a pre-fabricated design and as a result of this we are experiencing serious damp issues caused by condensation.
Could you please recommend an external insulated cladding that will provide a solution to this issue. I recently saw a product being used on Grand Designs but cannot remember the manufacturer.
Your enquiry mentions properties of pre-fabricated design and with damp issues caused by condensation. You don’t however mention the method of pre-fabrication i.e timber or pre-cast concrete or lightweight steel frame.
The source of condensation is usually internal so, presumably, you have received professional advice that the solution is an improvement of the performance of the external walls by the addition of insulation.
Suggest, firstly you go to http://www.theconstructioncentre.co.uk/products/insulation/insulation/
Here you will find manufacturer’s offering External Walling Render Boards.
With these systems, Wood Fibre Insulation board of the required thickness is mechanically fixed to the existing fabric onto which render is applied.
Wood fibre has the advantage over other insulation materials of being 'breathable' - this may be a significant factor and might have been what you saw on TV.
If you have not had any professional advice I would urge you to get some – get the specification wrong and your problem could go from bad to worse.
Leigh Tugwood - Architect - www.ap-studio.co.uk