Types and Uses
On the stage of home improvement, paints play the biggest role. Interior and exterior walls, ceilings, doors and window frames – there are dozens of places on a new build or refurbishment project where the correct choice of paint makes the world of difference to the aesthetics and function of a building.
There are now paint finishes to suit different substrates and various applications – and the colour choice is immense. Today, it’s not just a choice between gloss and matt; there are paints to give a soft sheen finish, smooth and textured masonry paints, heavy duty floor paints, flexible paints, chemical resisting paints for industrial areas, anti-bacterial paints for health facilities and paints to guard against algae growth. There is also an increased emphasis on sustainability, with new products and recycling methods always being developed with the environment in mind.
Paint companies have skilled teams able to advise on the best product for a given task and colour consultants to help professionals achieve the desired effect.
Featured Company - Leyland Trade Paints
Leyland Trade Paints has been providing professionals with trusted products for 90 years and has vast knowledge of the needs of the industry.
The company’s range of Matt paints offers a reliable product for every kind of job. Latest additions to the family are Hardwearing Matt and Flat Matt paints.
The Hardwearing Matt delivers what it promises – an extremely durable, washable finish that stands up to tough treatment. Because it cleans beautifully, it means less redecoration even in areas subject to wear and tear.
The Flat Matt gives the fashionable, dead flat finish desired for many contemporary homes, but also complements period properties perfectly and is great for concealing surface imperfections.
Other high-performing Leyland Trade matt paints include Contract Matt – offering complete obliteration for new work, Super Leytex Matt for painting new plaster and ever-popular Vinyl Matt providing superb all-round coverage.
For full details on all Leyland Trade Paints products, visit the website.
Need some advice?
We'd love to help you find what you're looking for, answer that technical question or offer you some impartial advice.
Where to buy paints
- Earthborn - Frodsham Business Centre, Bridge Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7FZ, 01928 734171
- SAS (Europe Ltd) - Cheriton Bishop, Exeter, Devon, EX6 6JE, 01647 24620
- ICI Paints - AkzoNobel - Dulux Trade Technical Advice Centre, ICI Paints, Wexham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 5DS, 0870 242 1100
- Everbuild Building Products Ltd - Site 41, Knowsthorpe Way, Cross Green Industrial Estate, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 0SW, 0113 240 3456
- Leyland Trade Paints - Technical Advisory Department, Huddersfield Road, Birstall, Batley, West Yorkshire, WF17 9XA, 01924 354600
- MSP (Scotland) Ltd - 1/9 Telford Road, East Lenziemill Ind. Estate, Cumbernauld, Lanarkshire, G67 2AX, 01236 729591
- M&P Survey Equipment Ltd - The Survey Centre, Stanney Mill Road, Little Stanney, Chester, Cheshire, CH2 4HX, 0151 357 1856
- Rose of Jericho Ltd - Horchester Farm, Holywell, nr Evershot, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 0LL, 01935 83676
- Designerpaint - c/o C Brewer & Sons Ltd, Maple Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 6NY, 01323 430886
- Dixons - S.J. Dixon & Son Ltd, Dixon House, Old Heath Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV1 2RR, 01902 872200
- MPM: Graffiti Solutions - Unit 3 Riverside Business Centre, Brighton Road, Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex, BN43 6RE, 0845 678 0068