The Construction Centre
Magnifying Glass


Find Professionals

Find specialist Professionals in your area which hold a wide range of specific products.

Select the construction professional you need and then choose a county to show a list of results in that area.

Acoustic Engineers

This is a field which has become more important as building regulations and codes develop and as buildings get bigger and higher. Acoustic Engineers assess sound and vibration in buildings with the majority of their work being to manage and control sound travelling within a building but also during its construction. Another area is environmental sound which can involve transport, air traffic and outdoor events.


There are over 8,000 registered architects practices across the UK, all of which are registered with the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). The Institute is world renowned as a champion for better buildings and excellence in design. Architects must be chartered to become a member and it is a good measure of competence to ensure a practice or architect is registered with RIBA.

Architectural Services

This area can incorporate a range of services from building design and planning applications to building regulations and tendering consultation. Smaller firms are targeted more often at projects for homes and businesses and these companies can provide one element or stage of the process or complete end to end solutions. Larger firms incorporate town planning, landscape design and environmental consultancy.

Building Assessors

In order that buildings meet the latest regulations and environmental standards there are two assessment bodies which provide authorised members to certify buildings; BRE and Stroma Ltd. BRE Global provides accreditation schemes and the framework methodology by which the assessments are made. Building Assessors offer two services the first is Design Stage Assessment and the second, Post Completion Checks with relevant grading depending on the type of building.

CDM Coordinators

Construction Design Management (CDM) Coordinators are responsible for ensuring the relevant duties are carried out by the client before during and after completion of a construction project. In particular health and safety measures are of key importance along with design consultancy and liaison between contractors, designers and the client.

CIC Approved Inspectors

Construction Industry Council (CIC) Approved Inspectors are tasked with ensuring that buildings meet the required standards and levels required by law, in order to certify a building is completed and ready for use. Extensive knowledge and understanding is needed in the following areas: Building Regulations and Control, construction technology and materials, fire regulations, foundations and structural engineering principles and guidelines and building services and environmental factors.

Civil Engineers

Infrastructure is a huge part of the construction industry and civil engineers ensure that our roads, bridges, tall buildings, waterways and large structures are designed, built and maintained correctly. Civil engineers also consider how these structures integrate and work within the environment and the ever changing requirements of sustainability versus technology and increasing transport demands.

Electrical Engineers

Small scale electrical engineers will perform duties such as PAT (Portable Appliance Testing), home or business electrical installation, wiring and fuse box replacement. They should have relevant qualifications such as City & Guilds or NICEIC. Large scale engineers deal with industrial power transmission and distribution; designing and planning how systems and power plants may be installed or upgraded.

Land Surveyors

Whether for small or large landscape changes and alterations, the services of a land surveyor will be needed. A surveyor will plot and measure the land and record it by creating a map and by using existing maps for reference. Once completed, advice can be offered to planning control, architects and clients on the boundaries, buildings, trees and any other aspects which may affect a purchase, construction project or the environment.

Loss Adjusters

Following the destruction or damage of a building through natural, man-made or accidental causes in nearly all cases, insurers require the services of a loss adjuster. They will investigate the scene, cause of damage and will negotiate the claim amount with those insurers concerned. With so many insurances now available it is essential for loss adjusters to have knowledge spanning a wide range of circumstances from small in house accidents to large industrial disasters.

Mechanical Engineers

Mechanical engineers cover a wide range of services including: automotive, infrastructure, housing, food, environment, medicine and much more. Depending on the area of specialty, mechanical engineers are tasked with devising and designing new ways to achieve specific solutions using science and creativity, innovation and ingenuity.

Property Developers

Over the last 50 years property development has grown exponentially but in recent years has suffered dramatically with conditions in the economic market. Whether a small or large property developer, there is a fine balance between the purchase, development and sale of properties. It is managing these three aspects correctly in terms of budget and timescales which secures success in this area.

Quantity Surveyors

It is necessary in all construction projects to manage cost. Quantity surveyors are responsible for calculating the detailed costs of a project from the amount of structural steel needed to the final light bulb. They can either work for a contractor or client onsite or help with tenders and purchasing strategies. If employed throughout the whole project, the quantity surveyor can assist with changing plans and assess the cost advantages or disadvantages.

Structural Engineers

All buildings need to be structurally sound in order to withstand the weight and purposes it is designed for alongside any potential weather conditions. A structural engineer will assess the plans for a building and calculate the load potentials in relation to the design and materials being used. Working closely with architects it is essential, for both small and large construction projects, to consult a structural engineer.


Whatever type of property purchase you may choose to make, you will nearly always need the services of a surveyor. In the residential sector, the three main services offered are property valuations, a homebuyers survey and more in depth building survey. The property valuation is quite simply that a basic check, often on behalf of a mortgage lender whereas the building survey will result in a detailed report highlighting any urgent repairs requiring attention along with any significant matters that may require further investigation by specialist contractors. In the commercial sector, surveyors can offer a wide range of services for their corporate clients relating to leases, asset management, development advice and much more.